Situated on the Hebridean island of Mull in the coastal fishing town of Tobermory, the Tobermory Distillery was established in 1798. The seafront and harbour is famous for its rainbow coloured row of houses and shops that overlook the Sound of Mull, the expanse of water between the east side of the island and mainland Scotland. The distillery over the centuries has opened and closed due to the changes in demand for whisky and was brought under new ownership in 2013. The distillery still retains many of its original features and continues to produce a variety of single malt whiskies. Although a whisky distillery at its heart, in April 2019, the distillery launched its first Scottish Gin, Tobermory Hebridean Gin.